Old 05-29-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
AnotherPaul
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

Originally Posted by FeenixxRising View Post
Thanks Jazzfish and Paul. I'm willing to attend a lot of meetings, I'm willing to work the steps, I'm willing to be brutally honest with myself, I'm willing to read and study the BB from cover to cover, and I'm willing to accept "tough love". I would think that would be enough.
I think you've got the right idea. Oh, and as for "demands", part of why a good sponsor shouldn't be demanding anything of you is that s/he shouldn't have to. S/he should be able to convince you that what is being asked of you is for the best to the point that you want to do it for yourself.

Originally Posted by FeenixxRising View Post
Anyway, I'm attending my first meeting tonight, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm guessing my concerns are unnecessary, and that the experience will be a positive one.
Good for you! I think you'll find the vest majority of AA's to be very supportive. And don't be surprised if you find the whole room laughing out loud several times at just about every meeting. This surprised me - I expected a bunch of tears and self-pity, but it's very rarely like that at all. Most meetings are very uplifting.

Anyway, enjoy and keep coming back.