View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
She knows and she is/has been supportive. But she still has wants and needs. Alcoholism is a selfish disease all around. I hate that its still all about me me me. I cant help or hide hpw i feel guilty though. I suppose i could "pretend better "for until i have a few months. Of sobriety under my belt. Let the fog clear. Get used to being sober lol.
Holy cats! THANK YOU for recognizing this. Yup. the "but I just stopped drinking" alibi only goes so far.

My BF is 8 weeks sober (not his first rodeo) and he always has an alibi for his deep overflowing well of anger and resentment. Every night he comes home and yells for at least an hour to me about all the bleepidy bleepin people at work, and bleepin issues...Well...yup, life happens but it's just never appropriate to take it out on everyone, for whom life is also happening.

Well, it almost cost him his job, and our income and home last week. And our relationship lately. Being sober isn't enough. I don't want another pile of "I'm sorries" from him. I want him to get into recovery.

But that's entirely up to him.

But yeah, I am tired of being pummeled by his hatred and fear of everything. I'm totally supportive, but not endlessly able to take living in a hostile environment.