Old 05-29-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MamaKit

Divorce day tomorrow - need tips to calm myself

SR friends,
Tomorrow is the day - the final hearing for our divorce, essentially a trial. My understanding is that it is rare to have a trial last more than one day - particularly when there are no complicated assets or business interests to address.
As I've noted before, STBAXH has not complied with any requirements to file appropriate disclosures - the latest were due more than 60 days ago. He complained to my attorney yesterday that the forms were too complicated and unreasonable. He also waited until yesterday to respond to our settlement proposal which was submitted to him 6 weeks ago! He said he sent his response by mail a while ago and we should have let him know that he didn't receive it. His responses to that proposal paint a clear picture of his continued need and efforts to control me.

As far as his drinking is concerned. I have no way of knowing whether he is or not...he physically looks like it to me when I have seen him when we meet to pick/up drop/off the boys.

I am anxious about the outcome, particularly when it comes to my boys. I know that I will present better than he will - I'm not likely to lose my cool - he on the other hand surely will. I hope the judge sees things as they are and makes the right decisions. My attorney and I are well prepared and I have to believe that I will find the strength to get through it.

What I need from you, my SR friends, is a mantra or something to help me find peace in the hours leading up to trial and as I go through it. I can't seem to settle my mind. Inside my head is a cacophony of thoughts, doubts, fears, arguments. I need to find some internal quiet. I'm doing my breathing and that is keeping the anxiety away -but I can't quiet my brain.
Any suggestions?
Thanks and hugs,
MamaKit