View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
munchkin05

My characters? You mean the smileys on here???

hhhmm. Florida sounds nice.
I could go for a nice walk on the beach in Florida. I guess NJ will have to do for me for now.
This weekend we're camping at a RV resort that is right off the beach. Temperature should be in the 90's and it'll be clear! NICE!

You know, I feel you on your Mom & Dad.

Dad has obviously cut himself away from Mom and now spends his entire days on the golf course. He comes home at around 330p to 430p, takes a nap and then eats dinner with Mom.
Mom has so many different issues going on. Alcoholism. I think a bit of agoraphobia. Depression.
She doesn't really get out and make friends, doesn't really get out and go walking, all she does is stay in the house all day watching tv.
And drink.
Mom & Dad used to have somewhat of a close relationship but I think part of their problem was they never found a common thing they liked to do together.
Mom kind of lost herself, or maybe never even found herself. Its probably why she fell apart when my brother and I moved out.
Everything about herself was wrapped up in her two children. She never invested time into discovering herself.
That's my take on it anyways. I could be wrong but remembering back to my childhood. Listening to things Mom complained about.
I work hard to make sure I don't do some of the same.

Oh DS got his first "girlfriend"
He told us two nights ago while taking a shower that he had to get "extra clean & shiny" because he had to impress her. He had me style his hair with the blow dryer. Clean out his ears, etc etc.
He brushed his teeth. TWICE.
Last night he told me at first he would wait to tell hubby and I both but he came sitting up near me in the Jeep, was hanging on my neck and said "mama I can't wait to tell you both so I'll just tell you because I love you most! She said YES!"
Hubby came home and asked DS "so did you get the girl?"
DS told him proudly yes but then he thinks it might be because he complimented her and said she looked pretty.
I'm a little taken aback by it all because 7 years old is kind of young but I know kids are starting all this stuff sooner now a days so....

Keep your fingers crossed for me.
A few things going on. Selling our old BIG tent. 150.00 Should net us about 125.00
That I will use to buy DS more clothing. I'm stocking up size 8 pants, size 8 shirts. Size 10 pants, shirts and PJ's.
ANNNNDD. Talked to another one of my comrades in Alaska. Spoke to one of my old coworkers who used to be my boss but really we were more like equals.
She told me there is a high chance that in Anchorage I might be picked up. Not as much of a chance in Fairbanks.
I figure I'll give it a week or two and then "pester" my old boss.

Here's to hoping it all works out!
Still here & Still sober.