Thread: Buried Alive
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
MetallicThorn
Empathy is Revolutionary.

Response 5

Someone, actually raised a facet I myself had not even thought of or seen. They stated, "actually while that sounds so martyrish and humanitarian, it's actually quite rude and presumptuous of US to ASSUME we know better how someone else should live their lives and then make it our life's mission to redirect them and change them into who WE want them to be. who he is RIGHT NOW is all you have to go on....it's all any of us have."

This made me recallibrate some of my thinking and rationalize with what I truly want and how my approach can be perceived. As human beings we sometimes push off on others what was good for us and what works for us, off on those we love without considering what they may want and how they will feel about it. I am guilty of this and I am now aware of it. Much like the other millions of people who BELIEVED, I am not perfect but I'm trying to become whole. To reside in my skin and be at peace.

Another person brought up some factual statements I've made in terms of how other's are perceiving me and my views. This is really important and I ask that people pay attention to this. By no means have I meant/desired/intentionally wanted to promote "romantic illusions" of any substance abuse situations. For me, I just wanted to be open and honest with not only you guys but with myself and this process.

This is what I wanted to say and make most clear, I accept Mr. Hero as he is today, the guy who is a certified EMT, the guy who is studying for an exam to better his life, the guy who likes to lay in the sun on top of his roof, the guy who finds it hard to express emotions and is more logical than I. Who he is today and yesterday are the reasons I'm with him, why we were friends first, why we decided to give us another chance. Those roots are ingrained in me and how I relate to him.