Thread: Buried Alive
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

After that, I laid in bed and cried for an hour. It's so frustrating to know how far we got to end right back where we started. Only reason he stopped before is because his mother got him into a program and he was living with her and away from his roommate who's a bad influence on him, though I don't blame her because he's an adult. I think what hurts the most is knowing that he's longing for a better life. He'll be twenty-four in July and he wants so badly to have something going for himself. His friends have career's and families. He is so naturally smart that if he wanted he could become a doctor without much thought. I am trying to push him towards that brighter tomorrow because he WILL be GREAT.. someday. ...I just know it.

ok, out of all of the above what is FACT? he's 23 years old. all the rest is conjecture, supposition, assumption and hope. you seem very romantically swept up in who he COULD be, much more so than who he is. a guy in his 20's who likes to get wasted, a lot. and that has caused him problems.

not your job to fix him. actually while that sounds so martyrish and humanitarian, it's actually quite rude and presumptuous of US to ASSUME we know better how someone else should live their lives and then make it our life's mission to redirect them and change them into who WE want them to be. who he is RIGHT NOW is all you have to go on....it's all any of us have.

in the dialogue you shared its as if the people are having two different conversations...he wants to talk about his drinking, and you wan to talk about food shopping and taking exams. he's a party boy, face it....and you're not his mama, there to remind him of stuff!!!