Old 05-28-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
DesperadoBlond
Memberado

I too have been thinking of this post on and off throughout the day.

The behavior you describe reminds me of the kind of stuff that I would have been capable of in the last 9-12 months of my drinking. In blackouts, I would be capable of horrible deeds (and words!) without any consideration for the consequences. And every time I blacked out my behavior escalated.

I'm not saying that your case is the same as mine, but at this stage of my active alcoholism I had become a savage monster. My perception of reality was entirely warped and no amount of "reasoning" would have been effective because even in the moments when I thought I was sober, the alcohol was controlling my mind.

I saw several shrinks and doctors who did not think I needed help to quit drinking. How misinformed they were!

For me, the concrete action (that saved my life and saved a lot of other people from harm, I am convinced), was to Google the closest AA meeting and go there. Just sit quiet and listen if you have nothing to say. I believe those who say that this is a disease, and unfortunately, the doctors I have seen have not had a very good understanding of it. I feel the only safe place for me was with other people with a lot of knowledge about this condition and that for me was and is AA.

Things will get better for you. A thousand times better, but now is a time for action. Laying in bed, being paranoid about what kind of a punishment you will face, is not the way to go I think.

Big hugs to you!