Thread: Buried Alive
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MetallicThorn
Empathy is Revolutionary.

Response 3

Someone asked,"His mother must be aware of his previous actions, but is she aware of the way he is now?"

Allow me to be honest, his family life growing up was very comfortable due to his family being upper middle class. Openly, his mother has always been a fan of wine and his father liked the hard stuff. All in all, he grew up around alcohol, cultivated in it and at the age of 12 was given his first taste by his mother. So, alcohol is as much apart of his DNA as the rest of his chromosomes. His mother had/has always known of his habits and though from my understanding dislikes them, doesn't fuss about them. She too has her own issues and perhaps that is why she is more understanding in his case.

(Shifting gears)

What I've discovered here today, has truly revolutionized the way I see the world. I am so appreciative to each and every one of you for responding, caring and advising me. My experience of this site has taught me a very hopeful lesson. To feel someone else's condition, their sorrow, their grief is a transcended moment and i'm honored to have shared it with all of you.

I understand that the monsters have a way of getting out and we still need a hand to reach for in the dark. What matters most is even though we can surrender those feelings to that thing bigger than us(God, the universe) people are still able to connect, elevate and lift us up when we need it.

Personally, I will continue to invest in myself and stay grounded in who I am so that I have more love to share and more love to give. Moreover, I still believe we all have the ability to put forth the best of ourselves. Even..those who can't seem find a reflection in the mirror anymore.

I am a better human being because there is scared in the ordinary.

(Please continue to post and raise questions, concerns and I will continue to respond accordingly and openly. Thank you.)