Old 05-28-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Angiekins3

Passing around numbers at AA meeting...advice needed

Hi everyone
Havent been on too much latley just becuase I have been so busy but I have 23 days today
At the beginning of our AA meetings (as I am sure it happens in most meetings) we pass around numbers for newcomers or to anyone who would like them. I passed on adding my number to the list onetime and someone said to me "you have to" That was my 2nd day into sobriety and I didnt want anyone calling me. So my sponsor had told me that wasnt the case and you can do what you want. She said most people dont call anyway so dont worry. I just felt in MY position right now I dont feel I can give anyone advice and I dont know if someone would be a trigger for me. Although so many people are in AA there are a few I just stay away from...
So yesterday the book comes around and I write my name and what happen RING I get a call 9 am this morning. So now I know who the woman is. She has been in AA longer than I. She spoke yesterday and I had to walk out of the room cause she was a trigger for me. BIG TIME. She talked about HER problems NOT related to drinking which is so annoying to me becuase that is what I go to therapy for. She bitched about her sister the whole time. Thank goodness my sponsor who was leading the meeting got control over it. So I told her I needed to call her back cause I was at work. So I know that is the right thing to do but how do I handle her. This is all so new to me and I dont feel I wanna deal with anyones **** right now. I knew I should have not put my number down and I feel so bad right now for how I feel but Im telling you the woman was either drunk at the meeting or needs to be on meds big time or is on the wrong meds. She has been going much longer than I have what could I possibly do for her...
Am I wrong to feel this way?
I feel awful about feeling this way .....
Angie