View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

The view …

The drug is but a symptom. Behavior always shows the truth ... blaming others, this feeling one is entitled, comparing out, secretive, lost time, being stuck in place ( an I‘ll be home in 2 hours and 4 went by and still not home), stealing, and of course lying is one of them … do all lie, no. My husband didn’t lie after a point, he had no reason too. I didn’t care if he used, he had to care that he used … My caring didn’t mean a damn thing, me seeing his truth wasn’t helping me either cause I was missing my own.

Are you missing your own truth?

Ahh the truth, most who watch continually tell themselves lies over and over unable to accept the truth. All stuck in the fact they are being lied too. Missing the ones they are telling themselves which are much more detrimental.

It is this mentally that just because someone is addicted it means this is the end, not only for the addict either, but for everyone around. Many are so attached in unhealthy ways that their lives suffer as well, and they have no joy, no happiness, just chaos, confusion, an inability to make sense of anything…and nothing is as important as the addict in their life. If you don’t feel you are there yet, no worries you will be in time.

Hmm trying heroin … I doubt curiosity had anything to do with it. There is a level of progression and you get to heroin in many cases because you are chasing that first time and hell it can be way more cost effective.

And just because you work in this field doesn’t mean you actually understand anything going on in his head number one because it isn‘t yours and even more so because you don‘t understand what it is like to be ran by a drug.

My favorite is the he didn’t like it. Really? That sounds like my husband saying he hates needles. It wasn’t this hate or fear of in any tradition sense, it was that any time he saw one the lust was instantly triggered and still is.

Red flags…
First one you being here asking the questions.
Previous history of drug use … whether one wants to label that as drug abuse or not.
Jail, because people without drug problems aren’t arrested for possession, the accusation of other things, well users have been know to steal, it happens. The need for a hit just to fix things in one’s head far out weighs any moral conscience.

Will he tell you, I doubt it. One because you will react, if that is proven or maybe worse help … oh all that helping, just adds to the madness.

I am curious what is your definition of an addict? Because most I know don't fit into some junkie on the street label.