View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nothopeful1

A positive update 😄

It was a bumpy ride this week as some of you know. Thank you all for your wonderful support and advice. It's so strange how total strangers are really helping me so much mentally. You are all angels. Even with the advice I'm not crazy about, it's all constructive.

AH IS STAYING IN REHAB. and no, I didn't beg, plead or manipulate. I didn't even talk to him. I simply responded to his letter and let him know his decisions were his own, but, I would not be apart of it. Period. He would not be living with me if he left. He got word back to me that he is staying. I set boundaries in a detached, firm, unemotional, self care point of view.

Mean time, I'm getting a pretty fabulously tan, getting muscle definition and have almost lost the last 8 pounds of stress weight I put on this past winter. Kids are awesome and even establishing a relationship with my in-laws that is independent of AH and see some respect in their eyes now that they are actually seeing who I am, instead of the distorted picture my AH was painting.

Getting stronger. Finding happiness in the simple things.