A positive update 😄

Old 05-27-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A positive update 😄

It was a bumpy ride this week as some of you know. Thank you all for your wonderful support and advice. It's so strange how total strangers are really helping me so much mentally. You are all angels. Even with the advice I'm not crazy about, it's all constructive.

AH IS STAYING IN REHAB. and no, I didn't beg, plead or manipulate. I didn't even talk to him. I simply responded to his letter and let him know his decisions were his own, but, I would not be apart of it. Period. He would not be living with me if he left. He got word back to me that he is staying. I set boundaries in a detached, firm, unemotional, self care point of view.

Mean time, I'm getting a pretty fabulously tan, getting muscle definition and have almost lost the last 8 pounds of stress weight I put on this past winter. Kids are awesome and even establishing a relationship with my in-laws that is independent of AH and see some respect in their eyes now that they are actually seeing who I am, instead of the distorted picture my AH was painting.

Getting stronger. Finding happiness in the simple things.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a great update! It is in each and every one of us to find happiness just being with ourselves and focusing on the things we have control over and making efforts to take care of ourselves. You should feel very proud of what you have accomplished and you sent a strong message to your AH that you will no longer tolerate his behavior and you and your children deserve better actually the very best he has to offer or really what good is he? What does he bring to the table? Heartache or can he prove he is the man that can be a good husband and father and stay sober?? Only time will tell but the boundaries and standing your ground only shows that you are dead serious about your future and stability. I rather be dirt poor and happy than rich and miserable...
Old 05-27-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Great update!

Keep up the great work!