Thread: The Truth
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MsBubbles88
God either is, or He isn't.

Ryan,

I can totally understand the feelings and emotions behind this post. I too, was faced with what I deemed, "HUGE" issues when I got sober. The wreckage of my past seemed hopeless. I hadn't seen my two daughters for more than a year (they were 4 and 5 at that time), their father was filing for divorce and sole custoday in a different state, I had no money to my name, I was being evicted, no job, and was sitting at a women's ranch getting cleen and sober out in Riverside with the pigs and chickens. Little did I know what my Higher Power, whom I choose to call God, had in store for me.

When all seems too big or hopeless, know that the willingness needed to commence on a program of action, starting with a belief or a willingness to believe, in a power greater than yourself, will prevail!!! The promises in the big book of Alcoholics Anonymous DO COME true for those that work it.

Once I placed my power in a God of MY understanding, great things started to happen. I got my kids back, got a higher paying job than I had ever had, had a place to live, was able to start repairning the damage I caused to my parents, the spiritual malady that I suffer from, was worked on, amends were made, sanity was restored, and the list goes on and on...

I wish you the very best! I kept going to meetings, I got a sponsor, I worked the steps, I was of service to others and I took others through the steps. I am not the only one... I have seen many "hopeless" cases be turned around all for God's glory!!

Hang in there and remember, it does get better, as long as I don't take a drink!!!!