View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Originally Posted by LadyinBC View Post
Yeah, I get kind of scared reading about them too. I think it is important not to become complacent and too arrogant in our recovery.
Congrats on a year!

I was at a meeting about a month ago. There was a lead speaker that had relapsed after twelve years and after his story he made this comment that really hit home.

"Enough years but not enough days"

For me that says it pretty clear about getting complacent.

Last night I honestly did not feel like going to a meeting. I had worked all day, it was the holiday weekend, it was cold outside...blah blah blah but I got up and went anyway.

I am glad I did. After the lead when comments were being made the last guy that stood up made a comment about how he had been sober ten months but he could not get it. He was so lost. He talked about how he was only on the third step and how when it says in How it works about being constitutionally incapable and having grave emotional disorders that it was talking about him.

I felt the entire room pause. Like everyone of us for that moment were reminded of why we are there and not to take one minute of our sobriety for granted.