View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
LAdrunkard

I have no issue with those on meds, I just have an issue when they state they are clean and sober. I consider them sober off alcohol and that's it. Clean and sober is something else. See, everyone is too quick to jump on meds without giving a try at other possible, natural, clean solutions to their difficulties. Diet, exercise (especially cardio) and even psychological therapy can do wonders, but most are unwilling to put in the strict time and work needed to do this. So when I go to a meeting, I feel like I'm not hearing about how the program and God worked for them but how the meds worked for them. I hear about their serenity one second and then they are outside chain smoking cigarettes. How can you be serene and need nicotine? Smoke if you want but don't talk about how the program gave you serenity, talk about how nicotine gave you serenity. Most people don't want to be smokers and on meds but it's just too darn tough to figure out other avenues. I struck a nerve here because you all know I speak the truth. I represent the core of what AA principles are really meant to be but you all want just label me a troll. It's understandable and I am not upset by your taunts. I just feel fortunate that I have found a cleaner and healthier path The road does indeed get narrower.