View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
EverySngleNight

Wowza!! That's a lotta judgment on your part friend. And I def think you hit a bit of a nerve too... But that's okay. You're just saying what you think. Which sounds a lot like "How can I stay sober and look to all of these hypocrites for answers??" "They aren't even REALLY sober!" Well, if someone legitimately NEEDS doc prescribed and managed medication, then that's what THEY need. Are you a doctor? Did you take on massive debt and dedicate yourself to YEARS of study, learning how to treat verified and scientifically legitimate illnesses? I'm not being sarcastic or attempting to be harsh... But on what foundation do you stand that enables you, in an informed or educated way, to decide what treatment approach is best for any individual?? Is it your right to devalidate anyone's sobriety, based on your experience alone? What is your experience with sobriety? Is there not a small possibility that mental illness and alcoholism go hand in hand? AND that those whom have tackled both issues successfully for YEARS- might have some small amount of wisdom gained through their experience, that would be helpful to you?

I hope you reconsider your position, even just a little. Everybody does their best with what they've got. You know? X

Last edited by EverySngleNight; 05-23-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Typo