View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
munchkin05

I so want to throw in the towel on everything today. (no not my sobriety though)
My car is more or less dead.
Last night it stalled once again in the parking lot of my sons daycare.
Blocked traffic something horrible. Some nice gentlemen helped me push it out of the way.
Yesterday also the boss told us all that any time that we had requested for June to have off, whether it is for sick leave, vacation leave or what not is now denied.
That's due to the office we are helping. Funny thing. She only knows part of the story there.
Our mandatory LWOP of course has also been pulled here at the office.
That I'm not too worried about, in fact I'm looking at it as kind of a gift. That'll allow me to put a lot into savings in a very short time. Talking up to $300 a month.
I am very frustrated about the doctor appointments though. I have my therapist appointments, my allergy shots, both of which I get/have every other week.
I can understand vacation sort of, but doctor appointments?

There are weird things happening up in the office in NY all with govt funding. They have cut the funding.
No money left.
So its affecting how the tickets get issued. It means its tougher to get them issued because now the organization is waiting for the funds to be "gifted" by university alumni.
So while they are busy, they're busy because the transactions take longer than the typical one. One transaction takes 30 minutes+ instead of just 5.
I hate to say it but it seems like management is putting all their eggs (hopes) in one basket. (this other office up in NY)
Our office is getting slower.
Yesterday was normally our biggest ticketing day. We usually issue 200+ tickets.
We issued 74.
We are supposed to issue 16.5 tickets or there abouts per person per day. We have 8 people here.
That equals about 128 per day.
We're issuing about 40 to 70 per day.
You do the math. They are no longer mowing the grass here on post either. Its thigh high now. No funding for it.
The furloughs hit post here on July 8th. I wonder how it will hit us here at work?

So off that. I'm looking at maybe buying a new car.
I do not want to though. Then I have to pay for shipment of it to Fairbanks.
Don't know how much THAT will cost.
So depressing.

Still here still sober. And rather down.