View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
1stthingsfirst

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post

For me, it was acceptance that I am no longer an alcohol consumer, I don't drink. At all. In any amount. Ever. Then confidence in my sobriety was set to 11. Any thoughts to the contrary, either of drinking or of lack of confidence, were assigned to my need to feed my AV and therefore 'not me'.

Is there a plan about continuing to use alcohol? Ever? In any amount? Under any circumstance? This is a starting point.
My plan is never. Ever. Never in any amount every again. My AV is not "me" I find that I like the me that is sober. I was watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and it struck me that the baby form of Voldemort is so much like the beast. It was helpless until it was given life from others. Then Voldemort was truly dangerous and destructive.

I am on Day Four now. I have an issue where I replace one addiction with another. I am an avid runner. I recently started running this year after I got my asthma under control. I love running long distances and am speed training for a few events in July. I injured my ankle and knee today and will have to sit it out for two days. I am bummed. The next few days will be more challenging since I do not have that outlet. I am going to have to find something else to occupy my free time... maybe I will learn a new sonata.