View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 07:59 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
MightyJester160
Sojourner

opening page

example of what im saying when i say that the 12 steps books are important yet incomplete .... this is a poem from the opening page of my Deepak Chopra book titled " The Deeper Wound"

I know the day will come
When my sight of this world shall be lost.
Life will take its leave in silence,
Drawing the last curtrtain before my eyes.
Yet stars will still shine at night,
And mornings rise as before,
And hours will still heave like sea waves,
casting up pleasures and pains.
When i think of this end of my moments
The barrierof the moment breaks,
And i see by the light of death
Your world with its careless treasures.
Rare is its meanest of lives,
Rare is its lowliest seat.
Things that i longed for in vain,
And the things that i got-let them pass.
Let me but truly possess
The things that i ever spurned and overlooked.

-Rabindrananth Tagore, 1913.

Ama i reccomend this book especially for you.. first for you to read alon.. then for you to read with your family ... at a slow enough pace to allow each of your children a chance to ascend through there immediate pain... sort of a re boot if you will for there emotions .... listen to them and answer there questions truthfully... put the tougher ones offf just long enough for them to begin to understand whats happening but then answer them ... and let them share what they went through with you ...

you deserve the best as we all do .. i find the words in this book forcing me to do everything i do carefully clearly completely... i no longer rush through things because im running on anxiety addrennilin. i do things deliberately and from the heart for myself and anyone i do something for ...

another thing is to remember the truth in the statement.... what you seek from life...... give.... and allways offer something in return when you are taking....

be well Ama this day belongs to you ... ":}

Yours daily

[JDG]Jester