View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Sobreia

Originally Posted by AllieB View Post
Sobriea: Glad you're hanging in there!

DG: Awesome milestone; congrats!

Drake: lol...I didn't think about the various resonances of 40 (e.g., 40 days of dryness in the desert) until you mentioned that.
That is awesome about your energy level and weight loss as well! I definitely do feel like I have more physical energy but, then again, it's finally sunny, and sun always helps with energy too - at least one of my fuel sources is solar.

I am a panicky, nervous wreck and am left alone tonight in a house with a lot of alcohol, so I wanted to check in to read and post make sure that I remembered that, even if I'm not doing anything else right in my life right now, I'm flipping sober. [Take that, panic attacks...I'm going to sit very still and have you sober.] Seeing everyone else doing so well, and seeing other people struggle too, is a great reminder that I can and should make sober choices, even and especially when I go into Chicken Little mode.

Have a great Saturday/Sunday all!
Hey Allie, thank you for the encouraging words! I am about to fall asleep, 2am here, just wanted to say that I think you are being very strong - can understand it must feel tough to be on your own when you are not feeling well. Be kind to yourself, you are doing so well. I am learning how to just be still with my anxiety, and not try to numb it or run from it. Am realising that by allowing myself to feel it, even if it is painful, it goes away faster then when trying to suppress it... Do you have anything you could do which could make you feel less panicky and more relaxed? I have started to play the piano again, and also tried mindfulness meditation (I can recommend Jon Kabat - Zinn, very soothing voice!