Thread: I am a mess
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Maylie

I'm sorry you're in so much pain, but even if it doesn't feel like it right now, you did the right thing by asking him to leave.

He has shown you over the years that drugs are not something that he is willing to give up. First it was heroin, then crack, now heroin again. He has been going back and forth over decades and he just does not want to leave that part of him behind him. The past is repeating itself and you have every right to step off the merry-go-round and have a life that is not filled with lying, manipulation, let downs, and drugs. His drug use isn't going to get better, it is only going to get worse and more money will be spent and more lies will be told.

What do you want for the future? What would make YOU happy? It is time to put yourself first and start healing. Living and loving an addict takes a toll on our health physically and emotionally. Have you thought about going to a counselor to sort out all the feelings that are going through your mind and to talk it through with a professional the reasons why you stayed with a man that went from one drug to another and the lies and manipulation along with it. Sometimes it helps to address why we put up with so much.

It is best that you cannot contact him on the phone. Hearing him on the phone will only make doing this even harder. He will make you doubt yourself and try to rationalize all of his horrid behaviors. He prob. hasn't contacted you because he has seen that you will not accept his drug use and he will do anything to protect his drug use. He only has one love right now and that love is heroin.

I know those 13 years without drugs the two of you had might make it harder to accept that he is no longer that man. But yet again, before those years you went through 7 years of living with a crack addict so maybe he was that man all along and never fully in recovery. It doesn't matter really because as of right now he is in active addiction and he has shown that he chooses heroin over everything else in his life, including you.

Take this time to pack your stuff at a pace you feel you can and to relax. Go out and treat yourself and start putting yourself first. Do you have any friends on that you can meet up with in person and talk to? Even if it is just to watch movies or go get coffee to keep you busy? I can't believe his mother said to keep her out of your marital affairs...sounds like the denial runs deep. Keep reading on here and posting, it is important you don't bury your feelings and to process everything and let it all out. You can vent, yell, cry, laugh...anything you need to here. We have all been there/are there now and we care.