Thread: kolonpin issue
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
360shoes

I take .5 klonopin once a day with a second dose if I feel I need. Been on for 3 years. I rarely take the second .5. I also use to have panic attacks that put me in the hospital where they would have to cardio convert my heart to stop the afib.

The first few days I felt that "feeling" but that didn't last very long at all. I didn't care about "feeling" medicated. I wasn't looking for a high. I just wanted my brain to stop ruminating and for my panic attacks to stop. This medication did it for me. I have never taken more than what was prescribed. The only way I can tell I take anything now is by the results. No more panic attacks. No more spinning my brain into a loop I can't stop. I could care less that I "feel" it. I take other medications that keep my heart beating right and don't feel medicated. It just works and that's good enough for me.

Everyone is different and you have to work with a good doctor. This was the only drug I've ever had prescribed that has worked for me. I can't speak for others. I do know that if I was looking for that original medicated feeling I'd be in trouble because that goes away and for sure I would be treating it just like alcohol. I guess I'm lucky. I take other medications for my afib and just see it as what it is. Medication. A pill is just a pill to me. A wine bottle....whole nother story.

Just me. I know other people who have had trouble but for whatever reason it has worked for me and saved me from having to have heart surgery.

No medical advise...just my experience. Be straight up with your doctor and if you like that high you get when you first get on it that will disappear real quick I'd be talking to them quick.

I hope you find what helps you TigerLover.