Thread: Enlightening
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jefflance1

Enlightening

So I'm going on a full week now without drinking. Feeling pretty solid about the weekend since it will be filled up with dance recitals and gymnastic events. Weekends were always my trigger to drink and as I have seen it mentioned so often on this forum as long as I don't take the first drink I am fine.

Reading through so many threads I never really realized over the 26 years of my drinking that there are so many commonalities in this addiction. For one, like I stated above, I have always been alright if I can resist that first drink but if I ever imbibe then the flood gates open and I drink excessively. I never realized this was part of the addiction; I guess I just thought it was some unique problem I had. Also, I saw mentioned that a person had a hard time understanding why anyone would drink if they weren't getting buzzed or drunk at least. I have always felt like that. If I were given a choice of drinking one beer or not drinking at all I would choose not drinking at all because one beer just felt like a tease.

Feels good to know that others have the same problems and issues that have to be faced. Take care and have a good weekend. I know I will since I will be waking up in the morning without a hang over.