View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nightlilly

Dont know what to do.

I started dating my boyfriend in Janurary. He's been in recovery for 2 years and just completed a 2 year program in December. The beginning of the relationship was nothing short of amazing. Something you'd see in a movie. I would have said we were soul mates. However, the past 2 months he's been closing off to everything. Has been more depressed than I've ever seen anyone be. Has pulled away completely. He keeps saying things like "I'm F*cked in the head, I dont know whats wrong with me" "I'm an addict this is apart of who I am" "nothing makes me happy anymore" "I'm sorry I hurt you, I know I'm neglecting you and its not fair to you" I have been all but begging him to go to a meeting (Hasnt been to one in over a month) He has started lashing out me. Making excuses why he cant go to meetings.. He's favorite excuse is his work schedule. He tells me I just dont understand. I've come to the point where I'm lost. This morning I told him to get help for himself and not to contact me until he did. He then told me how it was my fault for his downward spiral and Im a horrible person for leaving him in his time of need. Did I do the right thing?