View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
nowme

I'm going to see my family today. I have not seen them since I got out of rehab and relapsed on day 30. Now I'm on day 17. We are having a cookout andpregraduation party for my nephew. I'm so proud of him, he is the only one in the family, besides my mom that does not smoke pot or drink. He is graduating from high school and has a scholarship to college. He is very smart and I'm proud that he is breaking the cycle of drug and alcohol dependency.
Tomorrow I will be selling orchids, going to the graduation ceremony and then to Blackstone, a local brewery. I have been there so many times and would get the sampler of beers, not tomorrow, I will be sticking to water. We then will go back to my sister's for another small gathering.
Sunday I plan to have some one on one time with my mom. She really thinks and continues to tell me to go see a minister, go to church, read the Bible. I don't want to hurt her feelings but that stuff is not for me. I am spiritual but not in that way. I probably should just say ok mom, I will. But I don't want to give her false hope. I also don't want to worry her.
Needless to say this weekend will be the toughest one so far. I m looking forward to seeing everyone though, it will be fun. My family is very fun and I have been around them many times without using so I know I can do it. I want to do it and they are all expecting that I will do it. It may not be do tough after all.
Have a good one everyone.
I will be checking in a lot