Notices

Let's have a sober weekend! May 17 -19

Old 05-17-2013, 12:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let's have a sober weekend! May 17 -19

Hi Guys

It's Friday morning here: the start of another weekend, I suppose! I want to stay sober this weekend and I definitely don't want to relapse. I didn't drink last weekend and it was great - I did so many positive constructive things and it set me up to enjoy a nice sober and calm week. So, this weekend, let's stay sober together. Tell us your plans and let's lend each other some support.

Have a good one everybody.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Work, homework, community service, and gym for me. All priorities but ill feel good while doing them. Hope you all feel the same !!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes! A sober weekend is on it's way. I have work again tomorrow but I will be able to sleep in a bit (it's a night job) and then for the weekend I am going to one of my sober meetings, then I will be able to hang out with my boyfriend. Our schedules are opposite now... I kind of miss him :P
Old 05-17-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend gang

D
Old 05-17-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Beach with the children and then a family movie with loads of popcorn. Happy sober weekend everyone!
Old 05-17-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'll take another sober weekend please...

I'm going studying, bike ride, volunteer meeting and lots of dog walks.
Gf's having some (drinking) friends over Sat, but I think i'll be rude and disappear to the spare room. heh
Old 05-17-2013, 02:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I
Old 05-17-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's looking good, guys. Seems like most people have positive plans in place to attend meetings and give some help to others. That's basically my plan too as well as some foreign language study. In fact, I'm going to be at an AA conference most of the weekend. Not really sure what to expect but I will keep you posted.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Everybody, have a FANTASTIC sober weekend.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Took a personal day so I am going to get some things done.

I have to do a small amount of shopping, I am going to get my hair cut, I have an eye doctor appt , I plan on laying down some mulch, I am meeting with my sponsor and then AA meeting after and that is just today...lol

I think I am going to need a nap in there someplace!

Tomorrow I am thinking of taking the dog and going for a walk on a new trail I heard about. Would do us both to get out and get some fresh air and exercise. AA meeting in the morning or evening. Not sure which yet. Maybe both..lol

Sunday is laundry and bumming around the house day.

All will be done sober
Old 05-17-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Looking forward to another sober weekend. Tonight bringing my son to a bday party, maybe some shopping. Saturday we have a very early start for sons lacrosse tournament and lucky for me I will NOT be hungover for it!

Then off to a birthday picnic for my mother (my mind did drift to maybe there'll be wine at the picnic and wouldn't it be nice to have one glass, blah, blah, blah...until I snapped back to reality. I really don't want it, i know where one glass leads and I am prepared to say no thanks should there be any).

Sunday is a get things done around the house day.

Enjoy your sober weekend everyone.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This is the start of a vacation for me. I'm a little nervous about it because I used to be at my very worst during vacation. I have plans to stay busy, see friends, and to enjoy the world. It's going to be fine.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Oh Yeah! Just the thread I was looking for.

My AV is outmatched this weekend.

Bacon über alles!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

count me in

Yes sober working and hanging with my girlfriend

it took a while to claw sobriety back but it seems the rubber has hit the road in this instance.

and believe me its better for everyone.

v
Old 05-17-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Happy sober weekend everyone .. I will be taking a 7.5 hour plane trip on Sunday and have already started fantasising about the little bottles of wine they serve on airplanes and how one (or two or three or four) would suit me just fine ! (NOT!) I have GOT to get this idea out of my head right now - will be posting on SR for support before leaving for the airport. Hope that's OK !
x
Old 05-17-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

This weekend is the Fair that My family and I have been going to for years. I don't remember the last time I was there sober. I am a little nervous, but I will have plenty of sober buddies with me. I am looking forward to having fun with my friends and kids sober! And no hangover when we go back on Sat! I may even ride a few rides with my kiddies. Have a great Sober weekend!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day off from work today as caught some stomach "thing". Resting but planning on afternoon meeting. Dinner tonight with SO. We have been seeing less of each other; his drinking sure has increased now that sober me isn't around...he doesn't even remember talking with me on the phone the other night. I'm learning how to be a choice rather then an option.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hanging with my little girl tonight, then hair cut, gym and some shopping tomorrow. Sunday getting my eyebrows waxed ( not exactly fun, but it will be nice not to look like Bert anymore), then out to dinner celebrating my first sober wedding anniversary in 14 years!

Have a great weekend all!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

Babysitting the grandsons, breakfast and craft time with my daughter on Sunday, dinner and shopping with the hubby tonight.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This will be my first sober weekend in awhile. Day 5 today (always a Friday) is when I start my weekend binge. I think it's great that everyone has fun, busy, sober weekends coming up! For me however, I think I'm going to just lay low, hang with my dogs, clean house, watch some TV. Everyone I socialize with (husband, family, friends) drinks and we always throw back a few on the weekend. I know I could go out and not drink and they wouldn't care, but for this 1st weekend, the temptation is too great and I feel I would cave. So, as boring as it sounds, I'm looking forward to staying in! Just going to focus on some quiet, healthy me time.