Thread: My Journey
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Amandyk

My Journey

My journey has been a wild one. I have always had a problem with not doing something that I cant do. Drinking alcohol is something that I cant do and that I don't want to do. before 2009 I use to drinking a lot. I started drinking before 21 and by 2009 i was 23. I meet the love of my life and he made me stop drinking for a whole year. than a year later I thought i could handle drinking again, and by 2012 I was getting back into my whole habits of drinking almost every night.My boyfriend almost called it quits on my and I sober up by October of 2012. things have been going great. my problem is that when im sad or stressed drinking is bad for me. I also come from a family gene of alcohol drinkers. what one friend of mine told me one time is "that your family drink alcohol like fish drink water". between October of 2012-May of 2013 my life was going great i graduating from college (been going part time since 2009 because i work full time) me and my bf could never be better we are in the middle of buying a house as we speak i do also go see a Doctor to deal with my stress/ anxiety problems ( that why i relied on alcohol in the first place). on Monday 5/13/13 i have never been happier and i deiced that i would by a small bottle of alcohol (what i call airline bottles) and celebrate all my success( it something i cant have). after i took that first sip in many month i felt guilty. Not to tell my b/f but because of how far i come. i admit before 5/13/13 i have gone to the store to buy alcohol but i threw it right out knowing its was wrong but this time i took a sip. my b.f found out and go mad but i was already made at my self. I have come a long away but my journey is still going....so i start over but this time i was not in the place that i was in October of 2012. so for everyone out there even if you happy and have a problem drinking DON'T this is my first and final lesson about drinking when your happy..Ill be ok it just takes one day at a time, and everyone out there i want to let you know that its better without drinking.