View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rdy2live

Thanks for the support and encouragement!! Last night I had a KILLER headache, which I KNOW is part of this process!! And I would have much rather been at home lying around than at work...but being at work really saved me!! On the drive to work I could feel the restlessness kicking in..But once I got there and got busy I forgot about the restless and jittery feeling! And I was really nervous how my tummy was gonna act up on me! We were slammed last night so there was no way I could have stayed in the bathroom! I just thank GOD for Lomotil as it has really helped me! Of course, when things slowed down and I got still, my mind and body would start racing and I would have to get up and do something to divert my attention..I have had the hot flashes and my skin looks like I've got a sunburn..is that normal?? I know the hot and cold thing is but just not sure if anybody else gets like super red all over ( face, neck,chest, arms)...then comes the chill bumps...I've got the stuffy nose and sneezing but have been taking Zyrtec and Benadryl which seems to help me..I am home from work now and I have been up for about 27 hours so we will see how well sleep goes for me today!!
@Grungehead- I know what you mean! As soon as my eyes popped open in the mornings, my restlessness was already setting in! I was never waking in the middle of my sleep to have to take anything...I would get my normal 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep(which I am thankful for) I hope my tapering is gonna be what has helped me so far...I know I could have tapered a little better than i did...had a few bad days and set backs...but not gonna harp on them! I actually had days that I could take 2-3 pills in the morning and make it 8-9 hours before I just couldn't stand it any longer! The last 3-4 days of my tapering was a total "have to" situation!! Like I said before, Hubby is now in rehab so I got the pleasure of moving back in with my family...who know absolutely NOTHING about this!! So I had to figure a way not to be so sick and have to answer questions I really don't want to answer!

@SickNSooootired-12 days is great!!! I am looking forward to 12 days!!! I was excited to get to 12 hours!!! LOL...I know all too well about wanting them as long as you have them!! It was torture to make those last few pills last me over the time frame I had given myself! To me, the psychological part of this is killing me worse than the physical!! If you don't mind me asking, which is worse for you and how did(do) you handle it??! i'm new to this, but i am proud of you!!!!
I really have gotten a lot of helpful advice from here so far and I feel like I have been thrown a life preserver while I was just drifting out in the ocean!
Lately I have been getting a little depressed because my Hubby is in his rehab program and getting so much help and support and counseling (and doing GREAT by the way) Don't get me wrong, I am so proud of him and I support him 100%..and we made this decision to do this together...I just feel stuck because nobody knows my issues...and I know that is all my fault because I am such a private person!! And then i feel guilty because when I go to visit him he tells me how worried he is about me and my progress...He says he can tell I'm doing much better and that he is proud of me! I guess I just feel like I have no support system!!! Or I DIDN'T until I came here!! And of course we don't say too much to each other over the phone each day because their calls are monitored...I can't wait to see him this next visit to tell him my progress!! I just hope I'm having a good day! He tells me every day that I am strong and that i WILL SURVIVE!! and I KNOW HE KNOWS first hand! So that does help and boost me up some!!
Thank you all for the warm reception and encouraging words and I am sure I will be here ALOT during this process!! Hubby comes home in less than a month and I am def gonna encourage him to come here too!!
I just keep telling myself "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger!!!"
Best of luck everybody!!!!