Thread: Weird question
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Spantoh

Forgive me if this is more of a question but I read some of the replies on here and feel you all may be able to give me some advice/information.

My SO is 60 some days clean and just arrived home from FL facility about a week ago.

We have been together for 8 years, do not live together.

This said, when she first came home we spent some time together, enjoyed each other's company for the first few days. She has been home a week now and has become somewhat distant. Does not reply to texts for several hours at times, rarely answers my calls and seems somewhat sad. I have seen her several times and she does not seem to have used. Seems cheerful when we are together but when home with her family (which was part of her abuse problem) she seems kind of.

I have asked her to come out, to spend some time at my home, just shake things up but she says no thank you.

Again, its only been a week but my question is am I doing the right thing? Giving her space and just letting things be? Should I ask her to open up? She herself has said to me a few times, "I'm sorry I have been blah lately" or "I haven't been the best lately." I tell her not to apologize, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!