Thread: Weird question
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
cynical one
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

SR has provided many different forums to try to accommodate the widest audience. However SR can’t be all things to all people. I personally would not encourage anyone to go to the other boards and pump addicts for information. First, I think they have enough to deal with. Second, most have not worked a program from our side and many/most addicts also suffer from untreated codependency. We have quite a few double-winners here that have shared their ES&H about the lifestyle for years…anvil being one of them.

And while both addicts and codependents are all individuals, they have much more in common than they do differences. We all profile people every day of our lives. Personally, I would prefer if nobody ever uttered a single word about, or asked a single question about the addict and just concentrated fully on themselves and their whys in this. But, that’s not how we learn, we have to run it all out to make sure we did all we could do to help them before we end up learning the only one we can help is ourselves.