View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ebbiethatcher

inperfectlyme. You are doing great. You should keep in mind that your body was used to alcohol as a sugar so lots of people actually increase the amount of sugars and that sort of thing when they quit drinking. That's probably why there are always cookies at aa meetings if you go. I too gave up sugar when I got sober. I actually have now cut out carbs and and dairy as well for a pre summer cut. If you are looking for a healthy addiction I suggest you try working out! Did you know you actually release the same endorphin's when you work out as your body creates when your usin g drugs? I think it is the same for alcohol as well but not positive. I think your doing awesome and there is nothing wrong with taking pride in how you look but more importantly I wonder what is your recovery plan? I am a recovered alcoholic/addict and am intrested in knowing what you have been doing for all the success? Although the mental obsession that leads to the first drink has been lifted and I have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. The allergy I have to alcohol that results in the phenomenon of craving remains. so although i have recovered I want to make clear I, like you, if you are alcoholic can never safely use alcohol in any form. But there is a solution to all of lifes problems! n\Not just alcohol, if you are interested. Best of luck! keep up the great work and feel free to pm me if you want to talk sometime.