Thread: Duty
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

One thing, I suspect, that made your "duty" easier was your memory of having made an oath upon enlistment.
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
That oath was time limited for while you were in the service.

Paul, you still have, like every other adult person, the capacity to make an oath called the Big Plan, which, by including the term "never", means you can only do it once.

For me, the Big Plan makes the "duty" of R'ing my AV just about the easiest T in the world. A "duty" of NOT doing something. For me, the R has become a reflex more than a recognition. Addictive Voice Recognition Technique has morphed into Addictive Voice Reflex, all thanks to, first, deciding drinking was despicably wrong for me, ever; and, second, thus making the Big Plan.

Well, I hear your recent lack of disdain at your own drinking and its consequences, so, WHEN and IF you come to decide drinking ever again will ALWAYS be morally reprehensible for YOU, the Big Plan and AVRT is there to set you free from both addiction and recovery.

GT