View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
stella27

Ugh.

That is exactly what happened to me. My AXH disappeared one weekend when he was supposed to have visitation and I was supposed to fly to Cancun with my girlfriends for my 40th birthday. His parents were very helpful at first. Of course I had to cancel my trip.

They found him delusional and hungry at the family's ranch 40 miles out in the country. He went to see a psychiatrist and within 3 days, the medications had wiped out the symptoms and guess who was unreasonable for not letting him have unrestricted visits with his kids?

Me. Because I am so "controlling."

You canNOT, NOT, NOT count on the A's parents to see things your way. If they do, it's a miracle and I found that every day was a new day with my former in-laws.

I'm sorry, Florence. Best to find a "supervisor" other than his parents or yourself because a child that young doesn't need visits with her dad - they are for HIS benefit, and lately, he is using the visits as a chance to unload on you.

There's a reason you don't live with him anymore and this is part of it. Minimize contact - save yourself the hassle.