View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Florence

STBXAH Grinding at the Edges

Since I filed for divorce and STBXAH got home from rehab #5, he's been all over me like stink on ****. First it was about the cell phone (which has been taken care of finally), and now it's about seeing the baby. Except it's kind of not about seeing the baby. He says he wants to see her but uses this as an opportunity to confront me, tell me my legal requests are illegitimate, play the victim, and twist and turn my statements until they don't even resemble what was actually said. He's still lying, still shifting blame, and still ridiculously dramatic. His new thing, which he must have learned in rehab, is that I'm controlling. I have heard that I am controlling him two dozen times in the last week. It's exhausting.

I seriously think he's sitting in his parents' basement stewing over this. Get a life, pal. Get a job. Get a hobby. Hell, get a girlfriend. But whatever you do, get out of my damned hair. I'm done.

It's like dealing with a pissed off teenager.

Our first court date is in a little over a week. I'm being conservative with the visitation time with our DS2 because he has not been open about whether he is or will be participating in a recovery program now that he's home, and frankly, because I don't think he's stable. I am asking for sole custody with supervised visitation, which is a continuance of exactly what we've been doing for the last nine months. Now, suddenly, his parents aren't being cooperative and he doesn't like the terms of our prior agreement. I have only cooperated over these last nine months because his folks were on board. Now, suddenly since I've filed for divorce, his family is circling the wagons and is trying to tell me that he's sober and I'm overreacting.

...This guy got out of rehab less than a week ago, and his family is dead-set on maintaining the story that he's been sober for the last year.

It's literally crazy. Just crazy.

I was more than supportive that AH get the help he needs. I told him to go, no resentments on my part. But when the shenanigans with the Wisconsin stayover on the way to rehab and the phone fiasco started, complete with blaming me and manipulating me, his parents, and the rehab counselor to avoid getting caught, I was done. He thinks I'm mad he went to rehab. No, I'm mad he continues to waste our time, energy, and money with his dumbass choices.

This guy isn't even close to recovery. I'm sick of him hauling off and blowing up his life, then being expected to pretend it didn't happen, and/or "will never happen again," which I've been hearing for god knows how long.

Vent. Vent. Vent.