View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Grace2

13.05 Wed

Hi you lot. It’s good to see a few of you posting again, I did have a quick look in here yesterday but you were off doing other things. It’s raining cats and dogs here, it poured down all night and it’s still raining heavily now, once it starts it just doesn’t know when to stop.
I’m okay, I’m feeling well and fairly positive most of the time, just struggling with getting the right life balance between work, home and here, my lovely old Dad’s mind has deteriorated with his Dementia over the last two or three weeks, so with that and caring for a 3 year old, my life is a bit busy to say the least. I’m coping though, just taking it one day at a time, the same as I do with my recovery.

Thanks Apple, stick with it, it has to get easier, you’ve come so far now. Being sober is difficult at times, yes I agree, but no pain no gain as they say. To be honest I’m not suffering too badly with it at the moment, apart from the A.V trying to sneak in and tell me that I’m obviously not an alcoholic, because I’m not really struggling too much, but I’ve been there before with that one haven’t I and I’m not falling for it again. No way.
You stay strong Apple, stay focused, don’t allow that A.V to peck your head, do whatever it takes, keep running, keep reading and posting and stick close.
Steve is doing really, really well by the way, he posts on the ‘One year and Under’ thread virtually every day. He seems happy, he’s working far too many hours, but he’s good. I’ll tell him to get his backside over here and tell you about his new car.

You’re doing good Jodie and I love that line, ‘hand over hand on the hand rail’ I’ve never heard that before. I can imagine your daughter enjoying herself on the radio station, bet she had a ball.
There’s a lot of changes going on at my place of work too, it’s a bit unsettling, just have to wait and see what happens, it’s the least of my worries at the moment.
You take care too.

Hi Bruce, good to see you as always. I hope all is well in your world.

Laters alligators

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

Just for Today: I fear what I don't know. I will expose my fears and allow them to vanish.