View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Buckeyeguy, I hear you - it's not easy for me to share feelings either. But you can feel absolutely comfortable here - it's the least judgemental and most supportive and understanding place I've ever come across. You can come here to vent, rant, or whatever - and you'll always find support.

If you have Iphone or other device like that there's app you can download, and you can post while you at work - when you feel cravings or whatever.

I also understand you that everything seems to be a reason or a trigger to have a glass of wine ( and then more). I used to love wine too.

Can you talk to you gf about that so you have no temptations at least at home?

Sorry to hear what's happened to you. Do you see a counsellor or getting some other help about PTSD?

Surely, it's damn hard to quit when booze is around, but you have to decide you need it. Motivation? Much better life. I was hell scared that I won't be able to deal with pain from the past without wine, but it's just BS. Actually, I'm dealing with it even better now.

Enablers? Maybe, try urge surfing - a lot of people here find it helpgful

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

Or imagine that bottles are your enemies which are disguising life friends and want to steal your life away.

Sorry, can't come up with better ideas)

Hold on, sobriety journey may be challenging but it's quite doable. You can do it too.

Take care.