View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
munchkin05

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
Munch, I don't think it's even remotely you could raise a wimp .....not a strong woman like you

Wow, interesting that DS mentioned Grandma needing the hangover kit. We adults think kids don't notice, but they take it all in. I'm glad I won't be remembered as Granny Kim, who always had a goblet of wine in her hand.

Hanging on by a thin thread.....that's how I feel. Counting down the days of school and checking things off my to do list. Plans beginning to take shape for me flying to FL to bring my Dad home. It will be good to have a change of scenery and spend time with my Dad. He is so proud of me for quitting drinking......still here and still sober
Too true Kim. It was a reminder, no, actually a wake up call to me that to remember to watch what I say around him.
However that being said, I'm actually GLAD that DS knows all this and hears us talk about my Mom.
I hope he keeps it in mind as he gets older so he'll not have the problems I did with addiction/alcohol.

And Thanks! More times than not I actually get down on myself for not being STRONG ENOUGH!

Left early yesterday for appointment with my therapist which was good but I was in a fighting sort of mood, kind of so my therapist saw the more ticked off side of me yesterday.

Yesterday while at work my boss advised me that she would be pulling my lwop on Thursday which, while I knew it could happen, kind of annoyed me.
I scheduled a facial and haircut on Thursday and I have really been looking forward to it.
Since I knew that DH was not getting me a Mothers Day present it was kind of my treat to myself and now I'm a bit let down that that too is being taken away.
Keep your fingers crossed, prayers said that she does not take away my day off.

So you wanna hear something else that is kind of "providence with a capital P"?
Yesterday on a health & fitness site I wrote a blog about how FRUSTRATED I was that I could not seem to get off this plateau of 158-161 lbs.
I really am getting tired of it.
So anyways, I'm at the clinic when I see that they have this new Wellness Clinic set up. There are big signs that say "lose weight, feel great" type of idea.
So as I'm leaving my therapist appointment I almost caught the elevator when instead my feet grew a mind of their own and I turned right and walked over to the wellness clinic.
Now, on 20 June I have a half day full of testing.
They will be doing a metabolic testing, blood work, health assessment, body composition testing, etc. Next I will go through a health session teaching me about information regarding the human metabolism and then I will receive a meal template and strategies to help me lose weight.
(I'm kind of copying some of this verbatim from the sheet they gave me)
30 days later they will do a follow up appointment which will more or less cover again some of the basics and also see how I'm doing with everyone.
I really want to get to 145 at least before we leave here.
And you want to hear something kind of sad/bad?
I keep using the photos on Facebook of my sister in laws as a kind of motivation to lose weight.
Now that I know I will be seeing both of them come November I so want to look really good.
This is all because out of my two sister in laws. I'll call the first one "A" and the other "S" A has really gained a lot of weight. I really get along with A however sometimes she does annoy me because she gives in to everyone and everything.
I always jokingly compare her to a cocker spaniel. LOL
S just looks sick. I mean really sick. She's kind of thin but in each and every picture of her on FB she looks like death is all over her face.
DH and I remark on it a lot. About 11-14 years ago she went through a surgery that was somewhat like gastric bypass or stomach stapling.
She never re-learned how to eat healthy so she still eats crap but she can't eat much.
She's also on oxycontin along with her hubby and now a days (even though she is 2 years my junior) she looks like she's more like 50+. What's scary is their entire family is on some sort of drug.
From ritalin style drugs, to Oxycontin and other pain relievers.

So I guess where I'm going with this is when they see me I want them to really be shocked by the transformation. Last time they saw me in day to day life I was 170+ pounds, drinking heavily, unhappy because I was moving here to MD and I looked sick.
I really want to them.
I know if I show up at my parents looking great, Dad will pat me on the back, give me a hug and a smile and say "you look great baby!" which will make me feel very good but Mom won't really say much.
First, she's always kind of super critical of me but also if she says I look good then she has to somewhat admit that maybe its because of the fact that I do not drink anymore, that I see a therapist and what not.
I could be off on that assessment.

So anyways, still here. Still Sober. And today I plan to watch a few more episodes of a tv show I loaded on my kindle for some el cheapo entertainment.
Tonight I have to re-plant a moringa seed, DH & I need to work on the kombucha, we have to pack for the upcoming camping trip (this weekend!) and finish some laundry. Tonight for dinner is cuban black beans with mango, rice and leftover cornbread (which will probably be kind of hard as it was left over night in the oven. Turned off oven that is)