View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Genie

Thanks Deckard. Last Thurs. when my doc took it first time it was 160/100 and then he told me to lie down for 10 min. and came back and it was 165/105. Crap. It went up.

Yesterday, using a drugstore machine, it was 144/90. Still high, but better.

I am starting my new job today and will have access to drugstore cuffs all day, so I'm going to check it periodically for the next 3 days and see. My next dr. appointment is on Friday. It's just that I do get nervous when I see him and that doesn't help my BP. But at least if I can have the other readings to tell him about it (hopefully good news).

When I quit smoking, my biggest motivation was seeing this guy (who would probably be my age now) walking along pulling an oxygen tank. I was in my 30s then and I thought - "no way I want to be in my 50s pulling around a tank". Who knows whether this guys problem was smoking, but it doesn't matter.

So, I am trying to use that same line of thinking..."no way do I want to be a stroke victim" - or whatever other horrible diseases accompany alcohol abuse. I think I have at least 30 "good" years left and I have so much to do.

Well, I'd better get into the shower and get myself ready for my new job!!!! woo hooo

Genie