Thread: Decisions made!
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sinderos

Decisions made!

I've been giving lots of thought on how to stay sober. This is my game plan:

1) put aside my fears of someone I know finding out I have a problem and go to AA.
2) become active at the gym
3) put in extra time at the office until my desk is in better shape (we're short handed so I've been a little stressed)
4) become active at church (actually go on Sundays and find somewhere to connect)
5) pick up learning to play the piano again

Part of the problem with me is feeling so lonely. Before I divorced, I was very active and was constantly doing something. I didn't drink alcohol at all. Things were different then though I did have a teenager. Now it's just me and my little dog. I have a bf but that relationship is not a healthy one. He is an in-denial alcoholic and doesn't do anything but sit at home and drink. If I suggest we go to dinner it causes a fight. I've realized I have to let him go so I can move forward and get well. He's the only friend I have so following the steps above will help me stay sober and develop friendships so I don't feel so isolated.

Putting this in writing helps much! I will get sober and have a happy productive life!!!!