View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 01:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Icandothis2013

Checking in from far away !!

Dear all,
just checking in quickly from a one horse town with internet connection near where i have been working in rural Africa. All is well .. I am on day 9 now (more than i have ever done since last August when I did 17 days - again this was while I was away fr my work but then I relapsed when i got home).

But right now i am feeling good and confident I can continue tho' my strategy has been to shut myself in my hotel room after work with films and tea.. that can't go on for ever as a) i am a very sociable person and don't like isolating myself and b) i will be going home in a week to 'real life' and my 13 year old boy. I have got to have PERMANENT practical plan in place to stop myself drinking at home .. not sure what the plan is yet but 9 days sober way from home is a good start surely ??
Anyway, a lot of my (limited/early) success is due to you guys .. even if i am in remote areas without an internet connection i think positive SR thoughts and of the fantastic advice i have been given.. THANK YOU!

However my fear is that i will have seen this time away as a 'test ' that i have 'passed' and that I will revert back to my old habits.. I even had fantasies of ordering a small bottle of white wine (or 3) on the plane out of here next week as a 'reward '' so i am by no means out of the woods ..
Proud as to what I have achieved so far though...
xx
PS I am British so have another genetic/cultural 'addiction' to tea ... bizarrely i find my alcohol cravings are generally satisfied with a good cuppa :-) - i find that weird but good. Anyone else had this ? How long is it until the cravings go all together or at least cease to dominate my every waking hour ?