View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Viperidae

Ivory, I'm sorry about the rough time. "whatever cost because my sobriety comes first." Yes it does. It might not be a "cost" if you come out happy. 28 days is when I relapsed 2 years ago. I drank until now. Ecchhh. It does not help, we all know that.

Another Paul: 37 days? Yes!!!!

Scout: Gross level of oblivion? Fantastic.

I have someone in my life, who might have to go. It has been a very close relationship for a few years, but I cannot assume responsibility for her any longer. I have to go out and live my life. She's given me a lot of support, joy, understanding, and been a great companion. At the same time, I don't want anything holding me here. She was on a date last night, and it was a relief that she was not here. It's close platonic situation. I wish she would just be OK and I didn't have to worry about her spiraling down if I am not around. Not my problem, but I'll never turn my back on her. Why is it the crazies have the hugest, most funny, imaginations?

My movie rage was not as bad as it could have been. It IS a symbol of everything that is wrong with our society, and I did want to smash the phone. This young woman who was texting the whole time, does not even have the attention span of for Iron Man? No one is asking you to watch a 2 hour documentary on the Civil War, this is Iron Man (no pun intended). People know more about Kim Kardashian than Barack Obama. If you asked them to point out France on a totally unlabeled map they would probably point to China or Texas. I just can't take it. Yes, I know I should let things go, but I am not going to. This society is just wrong. I can be a sober social critic. I wonder what the exhistentialists would have thought of Kardashian and Reality TV in regards to their notions of The Absurd.

Signing out for now. Good luck all.