View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Torso

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Thanks MythOfSisyphus
I am OBSESSED with alcohol
Hi Chilledice,

I can relate to a lot of what you are saying. I'm 29 and I used to drink to deal with emotions... or so I thought. About the same amount, and all the time I'd just think about alcohol. What to drink, when I could drink...I had a job and would spend all day busting to get out so I could have my first few pints.

Fast forward a few years and I have no job. I progressed to 24hr drinking vodka.
Not a good road to travel.

The Gym is good for mental well being and will help with your physical well being. You can't face your emotional troubles through drink and once you sober up if you still can't, maybe seek some help through your doctor.

Also diet it extremely important. If you put in healthy (veg, fruit, nuts) you'll feel healthy, and if you can avoid munching down sweets when you get sugar cravings you're less likely to get alcohol cravings.

The circles will most likely go when you've had some decent, non-alcohol fuelled sleep.

I hope you stick with us. I'm still new to my sobriety too, 6 days. So if you want to message me any time, feel free and we can help each other out.