View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chilledice

Road ahead of me

Hi guys, Not sure where to start really! I am 27 years old male and for the last 18 months i have been drinking heavily every day, around 6 pints of beer atleast and sometimes a few double whiskey's on top! I really feel like it is time to stop the drinking and try and get my life back on track, the only problem for me is i have an emotional dependancy on alcohol, the reason as to why i drink so much is to cover up hurts ( bad break up 18 months ago ) I have tried during this year and a half to quit but i only manage to get past day 1 and then i am back on the bottle again because i just cant deal with my reality. I was such a handsome guy ( i hope i dont sound arrogant ) but now i just look dreadfull!!! I have dark circles under my eyes, my eyelids are swollen up and my skin colour just looks a deathy pale white! i DONT look the same from 18 months ago! Anyways just wondering if there are any tips or advice you guys can give me to help me quit for good? Oh and also if i do manage to stop drinking, will the dark circles go? It really does bother me and has knocked my confidence big time!

Thanks everyone i really appreciate it