Thread: day 1 again
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
drunkyjules
Jules

I understand how you feel. Today is day 24 for me and yesterday I had some intense cravings and almost fell off the wagon. I've had a few other days recently that its been really intense but I've worked through it. What has helped me is going to AA meetings, keeping a journal, exercise, really thinking it through about what is going to happen (if I'm honest with myself I really don't want just a couple drinks-I want to get drunk).

Yesterday after work I just kept telling myself to put it off just don't drink today. I went to the store and bought items to bake this new cake my friend had told me about-it might be weird but I was actually excited about baking the cake I told myself I was going to get to a meeting but didn't make it but today I am definitley going to a meeting.

I also try to realize that this urge to drink is just a feeling and feelings change or pass - sometimes really sooner than we might think.

I know how you feel, I've had the times I felt like I just couldn't do it. I'm trying to develop a program and contantly remind myself that it starts with the first drink. Its taken me a long time to accept that. Take care!