View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by Ashli View Post
I can't do this.

My life and how I've gotten to this point at only 23 years old is too long to tell, but every time I try to remain sober I get so irritated and restless and depressed. I can't concentrate. I can't sleep. I can't take any moment to enjoy anything. I can't even explain it. Everything moves at 1000mph and I can't keep up with anything.

I'm so unhappy and dissatisfied and lonely. I have a psychiatrist and a therapist, but nothing helps. I feel too awful all the time. I can't remember when I really enjoyed myself outside of numbing myself with something.

I don't even like alcohol anymore. Whenever I drink I try to throw the majority of it up and take Klonopin to relax to sleep. And then I try again the next day, and the next, and the next, and I feel awful and like I don't belong in this world.
I felt like you in my 20's too ... feeling like I was "crazy"..... and "out of control".

The only thing that I found to address my alcoholism was Alcoholics Anonymous. The 12 Steps treat the booze and the "isms".

You can read some AA literature here Big Book ..... see if you can identify

All the best.

Bob R