Thread: checking in...
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Mdub

Originally Posted by Switch View Post
6 months since my last post - no doubt you can guess why...

back here again, with the words of those telling me moderation is not an option ringing true. Thanks for the advice, sorry I didn't listen. After a couple of functions with alcohol I slipped straight back into my old pattern, as if those Alcohol free days never happened.

I am going to beat this addiction, change my mind-set and become a non-drinker.

I've realised I have a few other things I need to deal with in my life that I was (not) dealing with by becoming comatose every night. I am going to learn how to deal with them with a clear mind and clean body. Alcohol actually compounded the problems, they didn't go away just because I was drunk every night (stating the obvious I know).

So, onwards and upwards....

Switch, Switch, Switch. So many of us have walked your path. I HATE when people tell me this, but you might need to find your way to a meeting (AA, SMART, etc.). Sounds like you are just like me. The switch (punny) is on or off. There is a chance that you are like me and many others. I can not drink at all. When I do, my life falls apart. And I had to pay some hard debts to learn that. Here's where you can benefit. Don't make yourself go through the hell. Get a handle on it now. Save yourself the heartache. Quit totally and for good !! Do it ! You can. It is NOT easy. It IS simple, but not easy. Good luck. I'll be checking into this thread. Good luck !!