View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
t42592

Before my rant, I read your comments regarding Christ's plan. It reminded me of a younger me, a time when I clung to my faith and not my carnal state. I recognized that over the length of my relationship, there had been a slow departure, almost unseen by others, from my values to a more accommodating slant--mainly to appease her. I compromised. And that choice skewed my focus, willingly, mind you. I put one blinder on, then another, and then another, as her behavior over time seemed of inconsequential. I chose to ignore the flags, as I was very new to this addiction cycle. I wasn't aware, and I wasn't willing to listen to others, until recently. Needless to say, one realm of my life that I must address is my faith, renewing my position in submission to Christ and not to these very temporary earthly binds that seem to inundate our human existence. I say ours, but I'm speaking of my own understanding. Short installment today, as I'm writing a paper for a class--one I put off during this last cycle of hers.