View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hereistay

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
We're happy to have you with us, hereistay.

I'm glad you reached out for some help. Congratulations on your 5 days clean.
Its day 6 and here I sit at my job.. neglected, bet you could have guest that.
Coworkers know and show it in their actions.. Not all people understand addiction. But you know 6 days little do they know of the real work going on. So they see the guy who six days ago was high and they seem to waiting for the next round. They are not wrong. But today NO next round. Praise GOD! Low on energy but determine, regardless of the self made Hell that I've created. The problems will pass, here I stay.
Addiction can turn a perfectly healthy individual into a complete mess. There are many things that one can become addicted to. The common denominator is that it can ruin your life. Whether it be gambling, drugs, or some other kind of substance abuse, your life can quickly spin out of control if you aren't careful. There are some people that are born with an addictive personality. They may try a drug one time and it can ruin their lives forever. Others experiment with all sorts of lifestyle choices and nothing seems to stick to them. When it comes to addiction, there is nothing fair about it.