View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Legend40

Originally Posted by Alycenphoenix View Post
I appreciate everyone's replies and solidarity, but I am not an "organized" type of person. I believe everyone has the power to change without a structured approach to recovery. Please do not tell me to go to AA. How about telling me your story instead of throwing AA in my face. I just get angry when everyone believes that one way is the right way, when has that worked in our world's history? We must get deeper
hey dont worry, when people mention AA its their way of saying it worked for them. i dont attend AA in my city because of all the cliques here, but i know eventually one day i will need to go back. sometimes we need to go slow, like myself, right now i am just going to my mental health appointments and getting my outpatient alcohol counseling set up. for me, thats all i need right now. i dont want to overwhelm myself with so much stuff at once. plus i throw in 30 minutes of exercise everyday as well with a day off in between the workouts. i will say YOU do what you feel comfortable with, thats the only way we as alcoholics can be successful. i want to be successful and there is nothing stopping me from getting to my ultimate goal. i have a plan and so far each step is going according to how i want it too. that doesnt mean i wont take suggestions from other sober people, but i know what i want and i will kick myself in the ass daily just to make it all happen. one day i will look back and say to myself, damn man, you went through a ton of crap and now you have come out clean on the other side. YOU can do this too, when we put our minds to something we can accomplish anything. (think i might have said that before lol) its true and i am not stopping, not for anything or anyone.