Thread: Newcomer
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Mindy1215 View Post
Thank you Scott for taking the time to respond to my post. Something is telling me I need to quit. I know it's not healthy and I want to be around to see some grandchildren one day. I've hidden it so well no one even knows I'm questioning my use (well I don't think they do). I've talked to my ex-boyfriend about it and he told me to just lay off the heavy stuff and stick to beer. Do I or don't I have a problem? I'm not sure, but i'm pretty sure I drink WAY TOO MUCH & WAY TOO OFTEN.
We can't tell you one way or the other, but if you think you have a problem you probably do - and you know best. I should say that I was in a similar situation like you before I quit. I was totally functional socially and had a good job, family etc. Towards the end though I started having lots of problems sleeping and i was starting to drink more than just in the evenings. And I just drank beer, never hard liquor - so "laying off the hard stuff" is really just a saying - alchohol is alcohol no matter what form you swallow it in. I was lucky enough to realize my problem before I lost my job or got a DUI or had blackouts...and I am very thankful. You have the opportunity to do the same - it's not easy but I can almost guarantee that you won't regret the decision if you make it.